updated: FAIRFIELD COUNTY, Conn. — With a severe thunderstorm warning still in effect and fierce storms still waging late Saturday, a large number of power outages were being reported across Fairfield County.
The sizzling summer heat wave was briefly broken by the storm, but left many without power.
As of 10:05 p.m., the following power outages were reported in Fairfield County by Eversource and United Illuminating:
- Bethel: 3 customers
- Bridgeport: 1,572 customers, or 2 percent of the city
- Brookfield: 49 customers
- Danbury: 3,634 customers, or 10 percent of the city
- Fairfield: 739 customers, or 3 percent of the town
- Greenwich: 4,378 customers, or 16 percent of the town
- New Canaan: 405 customers, or 5 percent of the town
- Newtown: 414 customers, or 4 percent of the town
- Norwalk: 495 customers
- Shelton: 103 customers
- Stamford: 102 customers
- Trumbull: 2,745 customers, or nearly 20 percent of the town
- Westport: 214 customers
- Wilton: 8 customers
Click here to sign up for Daily Voice's free daily emails and news alerts.