RYE, N.Y. -- A series of free training clinics designed to familiarize new or experienced triathletes with the Westchester Triathlon recently has been announced by the Westchester Triathlon Committee, in partnership with the Rye Tri Club . The clinics are free and open to anyone 15 and older.
“Whether you are new to the sport of triathlon and need some training guidance or a seasoned triathlete who is looking to train with other like-minded athletes, we welcome you to any or all of our upcoming clinics,” says Chris Leonard, manager of the 2016 Zoot Westchester Triathlon Committee and a member of the Rye Tri Club.
“These are complimentary training clinics to promote the health and well-being of race participants, to promote the sport of triathlon and to bring awareness to the charities that the Westchester Triathlon supports,” adds Leonard, a seasoned triathlete who has competed in all levels of the sport, including the long-distance Ironman triathlon.
Volunteers from the Rye Tri Club will assist athletes on the swim and bike courses. The run clinics are hosted by Westchester Road Runner and will be followed by a complimentary Captain Lawrence Beachside Party.
- Open Water Swim Clinic: Thursday, Aug. 18, 6:00 p.m. at Rye Town Park
- Run Clinic: Friday, Aug. 19, 6:00 p.m. @ Rye Town Park
- Group Ride: Sunday, Aug. 21, 7:00 a.m. @ Rye Town Park
- Open Water Swim Clinic: Thursday, Sept. 8, 6:00 p.m. at Rye Town Park
- Run Clinic: Friday, Sept. 9, 6:00 p.m. at Rye Town Park
- Group Ride: Saturday, September 10, 7:00 a.m., @ Rye Town Park