GREENWICH, Conn -- Back to school means back to stocking the fridge.
Debra Ponzek , a Greenwich resident and the chef behind the Aux Délices Gourmet Food Shops with locations in Riverside, Greenwich, Darien and Westport, suggests thinking beyond your usual "go to's" and spicing it up with containers that feature compartments for variety.
"I like whatever can keep the food a good temperature and neat when its unpacked at lunch time," said the mom of three.
Her suggestions include:
- Ham and cheese pinwheel sandwiches (made with tortillas wraps)
- Skewers of turkey, with cheese and grapes
- Cold veggie or sesame noodle pasta salad
- Cherry tomato and pearlini mozzarella salad
- Small homemade granola bars
- Trail mix
- Cut up apples, carrots, celery with all natural peanut butter or a flavored cream cheese
- Pita triangles and hummus
Click here to sign up for Daily Voice's free daily emails and news alerts.