GREENWICH, Conn. – Members of the Greenwich Land Trust are organizing two events to celebrate Earth Day, including a shop and eat locally event to be held Wednesday.
Earth Day Shopping will be held on Wednesday, and the following businesses will donate a portion of their proceeds toward conversation work through the Greenwich Land Trust.
- Cabochon Jewelry, 1044 Lexington Ave., New York City.
- Gofer Ice Cream, 522 E. Putnam Ave., Greenwich.
- Harvest Wine Bar & Restaurant, 1104 Chapel St., New Haven.
- Home Boutique of Greenwich, 14 Lewis St., Greenwich.
- McArdle's Florist and Garden Center, 48 Arch St., Greenwich.
- Outdoor Traders, 55 Arch St., Greenwich.
- Out of the Box, 73 Greenwich Ave., Greenwich.
- Pizza Post, 522 E. Putnam Ave., Greenwich.
- Smart Kids’ Toys, 17 E. Elm St., Greenwich.
- Splurge, 39 Lewis St., Greenwich.
- Tangerine, 19A E. Putnam Ave., Greenwich.
- The Well Appointed House (an online retailer.)
- Vineyard Vines, 145 Greenwich Ave., Greenwich.
The Greenwich Land Trust is also sponsoring an Earth Day Beautification Project.
That event will be held from 10 a.m. to 1 p.m. Saturday, at the Milbank Greene Preserve, 610 Round Hill Road, Greenwich.
Volunteers are needed to cut vines, remove invasive materials, and plant native shrubs and trees.
Participants will have the opportunity to view people releasing wildlife.
In the event of rain, the project will be held Sunday.
For more information, visit the Greenwich Land Trust website .
Click here to sign up for Daily Voice's free daily emails and news alerts.