GREENWICH, Conn. -- Greenwich saw another week of wet weather, with downpours and flood watches in the area , topping this week's news for the second week in a row.
Other top stories in Greenwich this week include:
- Taylor Olmstead became just the fourth baseball player to be taken in the MLB draft right out of Greenwich High .
- Elizabeth Hickey Hubbard, a former Brunswick School teacher, died Tuesday .
- A Brunswick School student launched a public campaign to encourage drivers to idle their cars less .
- Greenwich Police announced that they would be cracking down on drunken boaters again this summer as part of " Operation Dry Water ."
- The Greenwich School District's nominee for Connecticut Teacher of the Year was announced.
- Registration for the annual Greenwich-Stamford Swim Across America event began .
- U.S. Sen. Richard Blumenthal penned an opinion letter criticizing Nickelodeon and its parent company, Viacom, for running advertisements for unhealthy foods on the network .
- Two Stamford police officers were suspended after it was discovered they had an inappropriate relationship with a 17-year-old girl .
Click here to sign up for Daily Voice's free daily emails and news alerts.