FAIRFIELD COUNTY, Conn. — Night-time bridge repairs are underway along Interstate 95 in Greenwich, Stamford and Darien and will continue through the morning of Friday, June 16.
The bridge work consists of removal of loose and hollow concrete on underside of bridge decks on the bridges listed below:
- Greenwich: Bridge No. 16 under Riverside Avenue
- Stamford: Bridge No. 24 under Wilson Street
- Stamford: Bridge No. 35 under Maher Road
- Darien: Bridge No. 42 under Noroton Avenue
- Darien: Bridge No. 47 under Old Kings Highway
This project is included in the Department of Transportation’s 2017 bridge maintenance program. The work is being performed by state employees.
Motorists can expect lane closures on I-95 northbound and southbound between Exit 4 for Indian Field Road in Greenwich and Exit 13 for Route 1/Boston Post Road in Darien.
Traffic control personnel and signs will guide motorists through the work zone. The regular work schedule for this project is 9 p.m. to 5 a.m. Mondays through Fridays.
Drivers are reminded to maintain a safe speed when driving in this vicinity.