WESTON, Conn. – Greenwich’s Juan Arraya teamed with Kerry Delmonico to win his fourth straight title in the Connecticut State Mixed platform tennis championship Saturday at Aspetuck Valley Country Club.
Arraya, tournament director and head racquet professional at Aspetuck Valley, won three straight titles with Sherri Shea. Arraya and Delmonico defeated Sebastian Bredberg and Lisa Rudloff in the finals Saturday.
In the B draw, Darien’s Scott and Kallie Hapgood beat Frank Lorenzetti and Haley Stuhr in the final.
The tournament featured 32 two-player teams in each draw. Aspetuck Valley hosted the semifinals and finals in each draw. Matches were played at seven other sites in Fairfield County.
- 1 Police: Armed Robber Strikes Greenwich Gas Station On Route 1
- 2 Box Truck Fire Closes East Putnam Avenue In Greenwich
- 3 Car Rollover On I-95 In Fairfield Requires Complicated Extractions
- 4 Pedestrian Struck, Killed By Train At Fairfield Station
- 5 Snow Could Return To Greenwich For Monday Morning Commute