FAIRFIELD COUNTY, Conn. – Last week’s snow storm and Monday’s icy weather continue to wreak havoc with the high school sports schedule.
The wrestling championships of the Fairfield County Interscholastic Athletic Conference and South-West Conference have been canceled. Basketball games scheduled for Monday in the FCIAC have been pushed to Tuesday. The schedule for state indoor track and field championships have also been adjusted.
Wrestling championships in both conferences were scheduled for this past weekend. League officials had hoped to complete them early this week, but the weather-related delays forced the tournaments to be canceled.
Wrestlers will wait until the state championship tournaments, which begin Friday. Danbury was named the FCIAC champion based on its undefeated regular season record.
Basketball games were scheduled for Monday and Wednesday in the FCIAC. They will now be played Tuesday and Thursday. The girls basketball tournament is scheduled to start Saturday.
In track, the Class L championships are scheduled for Tuesday at the Floyd Little Athletic Center in New Haven beginning at 4 p.m. The Class LL meet is scheduled for Wednesday, and Class S for Thursday. The State Open will now be run on Feb. 19.
- 1 Westport Schools: Greenwich ‘Jumped the Gun’ On New Staples Principal
- 2 Tarrytown's Happy Rockefeller, Wife Of Late Nelson Rockefeller, Dies
- 3 Obama To Make Fundraising Stop In Stamford
- 4 Lyme Disease-Spreading Ticks Arriving Early In Fairfield County, Study Says
- 5 Greenwich Will See Several Rounds Of Showers, Thunderstorms