STAMFORD, Conn. – Alex Walsh of Old Greenwich set two national age group records and led the Chelsea Piers Athletic Club swim team to the Connecticut Age Group Championships recently at Wesleyan University.
Walsh, competing in the girls 12-and-under age group, set national age group records in the 200 breaststroke and 100 individual medley. She won four other events, all in state record time: the 50 backstroke and breaststroke, and the 100 backstroke and breaststroke.
The team, based at Chelsea Piers Connecticut in Stamford, won the combined team state championship and the girls title. The boys finished second.
Five CP-AC teams also won first place and set state records. Walsh was one of the swimmers on the 200 yard medley relay team that captured first place in state record time.
“We are thrilled with the results from both teams,” Aquatics Director and CP-AC swim team coach Jamie Barone said. “The athletes have been working extremely hard, and it’s great to see such outstanding results across the board in so many events and age groups. When we built the program, we brought in the best coaches in the area in order to attract dedicated athletes that are committed to the sport. We knew the combination could create great results, and it’s exciting to see the program thriving.”
The complete results, provided by CP-AC, are in the attached PDF.
Attached: (cpac_swim_results.pdf)Get Breaking News In Your Inbox
- 1 Stamford Cops: Greenwich Woman Charged After Leaving Child In Locked Car
- 2 Ranking Of Greenwich High Among Best Schools By Newsweek Tops Week’s News
- 3 Western Connecticut Reopens Evacuated Buildings On Midtown Danbury Campus
- 4 Greenwich Customers Could Be Affected By Home Depot Credit Card Breach
- 5 Former Connecticut Gov. John Rowland Found Guilty Of Conspiracy