STAMFORD, Conn. — The Skating Club of Southern Connecticut of Stamford and Darien hosts the 13th annual Terry Conners Synchronized Skating Open in Stamford this weekend.
Three synchronized skating lines compete for the club: the Shadows in Open Juvenile, Shimmers in Pre-Juvenile and Sprites in Beginner 2.
The Shadows, Shimmers and Sprites along with hundreds of other teams from Connecticut, New York, New Jersey and all around the East Coast will be demonstrating choreographed programs that will be judged for speed, difficulty of maneuvers and precision, as well as for style and artistic expression.
The Terry Conners Synchronized Skating Open attracts about 1,000 skaters and coaches as well as more than 1,000 fans and supporters over the two-day event.
Last year the Shadows won the gold medal in the Terry Conners Open. The Sprites took bronze, and Shimmers took pewter.
Skaters for the teams reside in Stamford, Norwalk, Darien, Greenwich, Riverside, New Canaan and Westport, along with communities in Westchester County, N.Y.
The event is scheduled to start at 5:30 p.m. Saturday and 9 a.m. Sunday. More information is available online.
The girls in the photos are:
• Shadows: Candace Wright, Katrina Vassell, Emilly Merole, Alexis Hartigan, Ariel Goldman, Rebecca Kniffin, Katrine Ryan, Amanda Brea, Rachel Bellantoni, Klara Hoherchak, Sami Scordo, Emilly Hernandez and Katie Marciano.
• Shimmers: Stephanie Tancs, Natalie Hernandez, Danielle Nugent, Kathryn Berger, Brooke Ferris, Haley Fuller, Isabela Malone, Michelle Han, Lily Fine, Rachel Mensah, Margot Sosa, Rhea Munjal, Kalaudia Auz, Sydney Willis and Alyssa Fish.
• Sprites: Olivia Linnartz, Kelly Fox, Julia Brown, Tessa Kurtz, Annie Gong, Zoe Kassapidis, Rachel Iannazzo, Natalia Paluchniak, Michelle Paluchniak, Chloe Gerace and Athena Hartigan
- 1 Christmas Week Storm May Impact Travel In Greenwich
- 2 Suspects In Custody After Shooters Flee From Stamford To Norwalk
- 3 One Man Dead After Altercation On Route 25/8 Ramp In Bridgeport
- 4 Greenwich Family Raises Record-Breaking $50,000 For Alzheimer’s Association
- 5 Greenwich Could See Light Snow Overnight Into Sunday