FAIRFIELD COUNTY, Conn. -- The animal rights activist group PETA took to Twitter to criticize the New York Jets for signing quarterback Michael Vick, who served nearly two years in prison for staging dog fights and brutalizing and killing the animals.
Do you think the New York Jets should have signed Michael Vick?View Results
Do you think the New York Jets should have signed Michael Vick?
No. Vick is not the right fit for New York after how he treated his dogs.46%
Yes. Vick served his time in prison and deserves a chance to play.40%
I'm a Giants fan and don't care.10%
I'm a Jets fan and would like to see of he can help the team.4%
Vick, a former member of the Philadelphia Eagles who was signed after the Jets released quarterback Mark Sanchez, pleaded guilty in 2007 to running an illegal interstate dog-fighting ring.
"Michael Vick can’t make a football cower and shake, and he can’t drown, electrocute, hang, or shoot it — so that’s the good news. But no decent human being would be able to hold his or her head up in public after doing all that to “man’s best friend," PETA wrote on its website and via Twitter.
Do you think the Jets should have signed Vick?
- 1 New Scam Showing Up On Facebook Could Cost You Lots Of Money
- 2 Passengers Stranded For Hours Overnight On Metro-North's New Haven Line
- 3 Former Stamford Resident Resigns From Toyota After Drug Bust In Japan
- 4 Jupiter, Venus Forming Unusual Sight In Greenwich Sky
- 5 Rain Could Spoil July 4 Events, Celebrations In Greenwich