RIDGEFIELD, Conn. -- Former Ridgefield High School lacrosse standout and Boston University freshman Cal Dearth was named the Patriot League Lacrosse Rookie of the Week on Monday, April 21.
Dearth was given the honor after a two-goal, one-assist performance in BU's 9-8 victory over Holy Cross on Saturday, April 19.
This marks the second time this season Dearth has earned Patriot League Rookie of the Week honors.
The freshman star has collected at least two points in six of the last seven contests. Dearth leads the team in points (24) and assists (13) while also ranking third in ground balls (26).
Dearth captained Ridgefield to the Connecticut state semifinals last season and earned All-America honors from U.S. Lacrosse.
- 1 Greenwich Girl, 17, Issued Tickets In Boating Death Of Friend Last Summer
- 2 Driver Injured As Car Goes Down Embankment Off Merritt In Greenwich
- 3 Two Elderly Greenwich Women Robbed In Fake Worker Scams
- 4 Two Teenage Girls Rescued From Water After Tubing Accident Off Fairfield
- 5 Jerome Kohlberg, Billionaire Area Businessman, Philanthropist, Dies