RIDGEFIELD, Conn. -- Former Ridgefield High School lacrosse standout and Boston University freshman Cal Dearth was named the Patriot League Lacrosse Rookie of the Week on Monday, April 21.
Dearth was given the honor after a two-goal, one-assist performance in BU's 9-8 victory over Holy Cross on Saturday, April 19.
This marks the second time this season Dearth has earned Patriot League Rookie of the Week honors.
The freshman star has collected at least two points in six of the last seven contests. Dearth leads the team in points (24) and assists (13) while also ranking third in ground balls (26).
Dearth captained Ridgefield to the Connecticut state semifinals last season and earned All-America honors from U.S. Lacrosse.
- 1 Police: Norwalk Man Suffers Near-Fatal Stab Wounds In Greenwich
- 2 Merritt Reopens In Greenwich After Truck Slams Into Bridge, Catches Fire
- 3 Greenwich Triathlete Heads To Vermont With Hopeful, Heavy Heart
- 4 NASA Rocket Launch May Be Visible In Greenwich
- 5 Sales Fall, But Average Home Price Climbs 31% In Greenwich