FAIRIELD COUNTY, Conn. – Young football players from Norwalk, Stamford, Greenwich and New Canaan will be among the participants in the Football University regional championship beginning Saturday at Brunswick School in Greenwich.
The players will represent Connecticut South on sixth-, seventh- and eight-grade teams. Games begin at 8 a.m. Saturday. Teams from New York and New Jersey also will be competing.
Norwalk seventh-grade players include James Henry-Townsend, Kelly Gouin, Michael DiIorio and Chandler Greene. New Canaan’s Owen Shin, Greenwich’s Nicholas Henkel and Jack Montinaro, and Stamford’s Jeff Bivona also will play for the Connecticut South seventh-grade squad.
Norwalk players on the eighth-grade team include Deandre Russell and Courtlyn Victrum.
The winners from this weekend’s games head to a tournament in Columbus, Ohio, Dec. 8-9. The winner of the Ohio bracket will be one of four teams invited to play for the Football University national championship Jan. 6 at the Alamodome in San Antonio.
Football University is an invitation-only training program for boys in grades 6-11. Players receive training from NFL coaches and players, including technique by position evaluations.
- 1 Police Identify Teenagers Involved In Fatal Accident Near Port Chester HS
- 2 One Killed, One Injured In Car Crash Near Port Chester High School
- 3 UBS Parade Rises Again In Stamford On Sunday
- 4 Greenwich's Convent Of The Sacred Heart Celebrates Construction Milestone
- 5 Connecticut Sends Jumbo Snowblowers To Help Dig Out Buffalo