FAIRFIELD COUNTY, Conn. – New Canaan won the Class L state football championship, but Fairfield Prep will have to wait until Sunday, at least, to play for the Class LL title.
The Rams defeated Darien, 44-12, at Boyle Stadium in Stamford. But Fairfield Prep’s game against Southington was postponed because of the snow. The teams are scheduled to meet Sunday at 3:05 p.m. at West Haven High School. The game, however, may be delayed until Monday, depending on travel conditions.
New Canaan’s Nick Cascione threw two touchdown passes and ran for another to lead the Rams (14-1), who set a school record for victories. New Canaan won its first state championship in four years, and its 19th overall. The Rams have won seven state titles since 2000. New Canaan coach Lou Marinelli won his ninth state title, a state record.
- 1 Stamford Cops: Greenwich Woman Charged After Leaving Child In Locked Car
- 2 Greenwich Cheerleader Named To National Society Of High School Scholars
- 3 Ranking Of Greenwich High Among Best Schools By Newsweek Tops Week’s News
- 4 Pooches Pack The Park For Greenwich's Puttin' On The Dog
- 5 Greenwich Could See Overnight Showers Heading Into Last Day Of Summer