FAIRFIELD COUNTY, Conn. -- Archrivals Darien and New Canaan will face off again Saturday in the Class L football final after both teams won semifinal games this weekend, according to the Connecticut Interscholastic Athletic Conference's website.
New Canaan, the champions in the Fairfield County Interscholastic Athletic Conference, suffered its only defeat of the year to Darien. That loss came in the annual Turkey Bowl match-up between the two rivals that came down to the final play. The final was Darien over New Canaan, 28-24.
Here is a round of results from all of Saturday's semifinal games, according to CIAC.com:
- Class LL: Southington blanked Ridgefield, 45-0
- Class LL: Fairfield Prep squeaked by West Haven, 29-28
- Class M: Brookfield over Valley Regional/Old Lyme 20-13
- Class M: St. Joseph-Trumbull topped Joel Barlow, 62-34
- Class S: Woodland beat Bloomfield, 30-26
- Class S: Ansonia over Rocky Hill, 49-27
- Class L: Darien topped Middletown, 13-7
- Class L: New Canaan blanked North Haven, 17-0
Here are the championship games scheduled for later this week, according to CIAC.com:
- Class LL: Southington vs.Fairfield Prep at Arute Field at Central Connecticut State University, on Saturday at 6:05 p.m.
- Class L: Darien vs. New Canaan at Arute Field at Central Connecticut State University, on Saturday at 2:05 p.m.
- Class M Brookfield vs.St. Joseph at Arute Field at Central Connecticut State University, on Saturday at 10:05 a.m.
- Class S: Woodland vs. Ansonia at Arute Field at Central Connecticut State University, on Friday at 7:05 p.m.
- 1 Moving Truck Gets Wedged Under Metro-North Train Bridge In Greenwich
- 2 Greenwich Mogul Shakes Up Art World With Sale Of Magazine, Merger
- 3 Drenching Thunderstorms Headed To Greenwich
- 4 New Canaan Man Accused Of Sexually Assaulting 3-Year-Old At Wife's Day Care
- 5 Conyers Farm Home In Greenwich Hits Market For $65 Million