GREENWICH, Conn. – Greenwich’s Kyle Feeney, a senior goalie for the men’s lacrosse team at Bucknell University, was selected in the eighth round of the Major League Lacrosse Draft last week.
Feeney was chosen by the Charlotte Hounds, and was one of only two goalies selected in the draft. Two other players from Fairfield County, Ridgefield’s Matt White and New Canaan’s Charlie Streep, also were selected in the draft. White also was picked by Charlotte.
Feeney was a first team All-Patriot League selection last season and a second-team choice in 2011, when he set a school record with 13 wins. He became the team’s starting goalie as a freshman and ranked second nationally with a 7.45 goals-against average. As a sophomore, he started every game for Bucknell's Patriot League championship squad.
Last season, he had a .560 save percentage and 8.77 goals against average, and his 169 total saves marked a career high. He helped Bucknell post a 9-7 record last spring. Bucknell opens its season Feb. 9 at Delaware.
Greenwich’s David Dickson, a sophomore, is a midfielder for Bucknell. Fairfield’s Chase Bailey and Weston’s Josh Briskman also are players from Fairfield County on the Bucknell roster.
Feeney's sister, Claire, is a freshman on the first-year Division I women's team at Winthrop University in South Carolina.
- 1 Bear Drops In At Backyard, Country Club In Greenwich
- 2 Record Numbers Turn Out As Greenwich Throws Its Biggest Party
- 3 Metro-North Train Hits, Kills Man On Tracks Near Fairfield Metro Station
- 4 Threat Of Tick-Borne Diseases Serious, Growing In Fairfield, Says Report
- 5 Greenwich Educator Drops Out Of Race For Principal At Staples