GREENWICH, Conn. – Greenwich’s Kyle Feeney, a senior goalie for the men’s lacrosse team at Bucknell University, was selected in the eighth round of the Major League Lacrosse Draft last week.
Feeney was chosen by the Charlotte Hounds, and was one of only two goalies selected in the draft. Two other players from Fairfield County, Ridgefield’s Matt White and New Canaan’s Charlie Streep, also were selected in the draft. White also was picked by Charlotte.
Feeney was a first team All-Patriot League selection last season and a second-team choice in 2011, when he set a school record with 13 wins. He became the team’s starting goalie as a freshman and ranked second nationally with a 7.45 goals-against average. As a sophomore, he started every game for Bucknell's Patriot League championship squad.
Last season, he had a .560 save percentage and 8.77 goals against average, and his 169 total saves marked a career high. He helped Bucknell post a 9-7 record last spring. Bucknell opens its season Feb. 9 at Delaware.
Greenwich’s David Dickson, a sophomore, is a midfielder for Bucknell. Fairfield’s Chase Bailey and Weston’s Josh Briskman also are players from Fairfield County on the Bucknell roster.
Feeney's sister, Claire, is a freshman on the first-year Division I women's team at Winthrop University in South Carolina.
- 1 Driver Injured As Car Goes Down Embankment Off Merritt In Greenwich
- 2 Two Teenage Girls Rescued From Water After Tubing Accident Off Fairfield
- 3 Jerome Kohlberg, Billionaire Area Businessman, Philanthropist, Dies
- 4 Westport Mom Charged With Leaving Baby In Car At Whole Foods
- 5 Girls Hurt In Fairfield Tubing Accident Moved To Yale-New Haven Hospital