GREENWICH, Conn. – Greenwich’s Claire Feeney is off to a terrific start with the first-year women’s lacrosse team at Winthrop University.
The freshman earned Big South Player of the Week honors after scoring seven goals in a 17-7 win over Marquette University last week. She scored the first-ever home goal for Winthrop (2-1).
“Claire Feeney is an unbelievable lacrosse player,” coach John Sung said after the win over Marquette. “She is such a force and has really started coming into her own. For her to score seven goals is amazing.”
Feeney was named one of the team’s tri-captains in January. She earned all-league honors three times at Greenwich High School.
- 1 Police: Norwalk Man Suffers Near-Fatal Stab Wounds In Greenwich
- 2 Merritt Reopens In Greenwich After Truck Slams Into Bridge, Catches Fire
- 3 Greenwich Triathlete Heads To Vermont With Hopeful, Heavy Heart
- 4 NASA Rocket Launch May Be Visible In Greenwich
- 5 Sales Fall, But Average Home Price Climbs 31% In Greenwich