GREENWICH, Conn. – Greenwich’s Claire Feeney is off to a terrific start with the first-year women’s lacrosse team at Winthrop University.
The freshman earned Big South Player of the Week honors after scoring seven goals in a 17-7 win over Marquette University last week. She scored the first-ever home goal for Winthrop (2-1).
“Claire Feeney is an unbelievable lacrosse player,” coach John Sung said after the win over Marquette. “She is such a force and has really started coming into her own. For her to score seven goals is amazing.”
Feeney was named one of the team’s tri-captains in January. She earned all-league honors three times at Greenwich High School.
- 1 July 4 Terror Threat 'Nothing Routine,' Says Former CIA Deputy Director
- 2 Passengers Stranded For Hours Overnight On Metro-North's New Haven Line
- 3 New Facebook Scam Could Cost You
- 4 Former Stamford Resident Resigns From Toyota After Drug Bust In Japan
- 5 13 Metro-North Conductors, Engineers Indicted In Cheating Scandal