GREENWICH, Conn. – Greenwich’s Claire Feeney is off to a terrific start with the first-year women’s lacrosse team at Winthrop University.
The freshman earned Big South Player of the Week honors after scoring seven goals in a 17-7 win over Marquette University last week. She scored the first-ever home goal for Winthrop (2-1).
“Claire Feeney is an unbelievable lacrosse player,” coach John Sung said after the win over Marquette. “She is such a force and has really started coming into her own. For her to score seven goals is amazing.”
Feeney was named one of the team’s tri-captains in January. She earned all-league honors three times at Greenwich High School.
- 1 Moving Truck Gets Wedged Under Metro-North Train Bridge In Greenwich
- 2 Greenwich Mogul Shakes Up Art World With Sale Of Magazine, Merger
- 3 Drenching Thunderstorms Headed To Greenwich
- 4 New Canaan Man Accused Of Sexually Assaulting 3-Year-Old At Wife's Day Care
- 5 Conyers Farm Home In Greenwich Hits Market For $65 Million