GREENWICH, Conn. -- The Greenwich YMCA Marlins Boys 11-12-year-old 200-yard freestyle relay team recently broke a 30-year-old state record at the first qualifying swim meet of the season.
The team of Marcus Hodgson, 11, Stefan Todorovic, 12, Conway Zhou, 11 and Christian Farricker, 12, broke the record that had stood since 1983 with a race time of 1:42.57.
The previous record of 1:42.80 was set by the New Canaan Y.
The relay team wasn't the only one breaking records at the meet.
Sophia Moore, 11, Ailee Mendoza, 14, Oscar Ike, 16, Eisuke Takahashi, 10, and Alex Ye, 10, all broke individual Marlins team records.
The three day event included nearly 500 swimmers, including more than 100 from the home-team Marlins. The YWCA Dolphins, New Canaan YMCA Camains and Weston Swimming also participated.
- 1 Box Truck Fire Closes East Putnam Avenue In Greenwich
- 2 Greenwich Police: Two Men Assaulted, Robbed In 'Ferocious' Street Attack
- 3 Police: Missing Stamford Man Found Dead On Shippan Beach
- 4 Pedestrian Struck, Killed By Train At Fairfield Station
- 5 Snow Could Return To Greenwich For Monday Morning Commute