GREENWICH, Conn. – Before she has played a game, Greenwich freshman Claire Feeney is making an impact on the Winthrop University women’s lacrosse team.
Feeney was one of three girls named Thursday as tri-captains for the Eagles, a first-year program. The school is in Rock Hill, S.C.
Feeney was a standout at Greenwich High School, where she earned All-America honors. She was a three-time member of the All-Fairfield County Interscholastic Athletic Conference team and a two-time All-State selection.
“Claire is going to be one of our fiercest competitors,’’ coach John Sung said. “She is going to be someone that this team leans on to win games as the season progresses.”
Feeney will be joined by Maddi Genovese and Alyssa Blevins as tri-captains. Winthrop opens its season Feb. 15 against Marquette.
- 1 Nor'easter To Impact Greenwich On Wednesday
- 2 Greenwich Ranks In SafeWise's Top 10 Of Safest Places In State
- 3 No Injuries Reported In Car Fire On Merritt Parkway In Greenwich
- 4 Happy Birthday To Greenwich’s Judith Sheindlin ('Judge Judy')
- 5 Two Convent Of The Sacred Heart Students Named National Merit Semifinalists