GREENWICH, Conn. – Sisters Camille and Cameron Monette of Old Greenwich helped their Xtreme Cheer teams win first place at the Varsity Athletic Championships last weekend in Providence, R.I.
Camille, 15, and Cameron, 13, competed on Xtreme’s team, Inferno, an International Level 5 squad. The levels designate the difficulty associated with each routine. It was the first national championship for Inferno, which was formed last year.
Camille attends Greenwich High School, and Cameron attends Eastern Middle. They are members of Norwalk-based Xtreme Cheer.
Other Greenwich girls who compete on Xtreme’s Senior Level 5 and Level 4 teams include Alexis Zaballos, Kayle Gaone and Lara Gabriele. The teams compete in New Jersey, Massachusetts, Maryland and Connecticut during their competitive season from December through May. Their teams have also qualified for cheerleading’s world championships in May in Florida.
Camille and Cameron started cheerleading on the Old Greenwich Generals football cheer squad, and then added training in Byram at Liberty All-Stars. They also competed for a team in Brookfield before joining Xtreme. Early in January, the television show “America’s Got Talent” requested a video of them at practice as potential competitors
- 1 Rain, Thunderstorms Could Be Coming To Greenwich
- 2 Global Real Estate Investor From Greenwich Details Port Chester Project
- 3 McDonald's Shakes Up Menu, Cuts Seven Sandwiches
- 4 Larry King Predicts New Canaan's Brian Williams May Get Talk Show
- 5 Overturned Tractor-Trailer Stops Traffic At I-95/I-287 Interchange