GREENWICH, Conn. – Two Greenwich girls were part of the Skyliners Synchronized Skating team Junior line that qualified for two important international competitions last weekend.
Brooke Abbott and Alexandra Scarpulla, who are seniors at Greenwich High School, were part of the Skyliners team that finished second at the World Junior Team Selection Competition in Fraser, Mich.
The second-place finish gave the Skyliners an invitation to the World Junior Synchronized Championships in Helsinki, Finland on March 8-9.
They also have been selected to compete in the French Cup later this month in Rouen, France.
The Lexettes, skating out of Lexington, Mass., won last weekend’s competition with a score of 146.05. The Skyliners, who led after the short program, finished with 143.39.
Abbott and Scarpulla were part of a Skyliners team that finished fifth at the Junior World Challenge Cup last year. The name of the event of was changed this year.
- 1 Norwalk Cop Prevents Metro-North Train From Hitting Car On Tracks
- 2 Family Asks For Help In Finding Missing College Student, 21, From Fairfield
- 3 Greenwich Will See Widespread Snow Sunday Into Monday
- 4 Hundreds Pay Respects To Slain Harrison Sisters During Calling Hours
- 5 Former NBA All-Star, Knicks Player Anthony Mason Dies At 48