GREENWICH, Conn. – Two Greenwich girls were part of the Skyliners Synchronized Skating team Junior line that qualified for two important international competitions last weekend.
Brooke Abbott and Alexandra Scarpulla, who are seniors at Greenwich High School, were part of the Skyliners team that finished second at the World Junior Team Selection Competition in Fraser, Mich.
The second-place finish gave the Skyliners an invitation to the World Junior Synchronized Championships in Helsinki, Finland on March 8-9.
They also have been selected to compete in the French Cup later this month in Rouen, France.
The Lexettes, skating out of Lexington, Mass., won last weekend’s competition with a score of 146.05. The Skyliners, who led after the short program, finished with 143.39.
Abbott and Scarpulla were part of a Skyliners team that finished fifth at the Junior World Challenge Cup last year. The name of the event of was changed this year.
- 1 Greenwich Part Of Area Ranked Most Unequal Place In Nation
- 2 Greenwich Man Faces Cruelty Charge After Kicking His Dog
- 3 Teen Prostitute Charged With Falsely Reporting Rape In Greenwich
- 4 Woman Faces DUI Charge After Driving Car With Blown Tires In Greenwich
- 5 Greenwich Native Earns Field Hockey All-Region Honors