GREENWICH, Conn. – Two Greenwich girls were part of the Skyliners Synchronized Skating team Junior line that qualified for two important international competitions last weekend.
Brooke Abbott and Alexandra Scarpulla, who are seniors at Greenwich High School, were part of the Skyliners team that finished second at the World Junior Team Selection Competition in Fraser, Mich.
The second-place finish gave the Skyliners an invitation to the World Junior Synchronized Championships in Helsinki, Finland on March 8-9.
They also have been selected to compete in the French Cup later this month in Rouen, France.
The Lexettes, skating out of Lexington, Mass., won last weekend’s competition with a score of 146.05. The Skyliners, who led after the short program, finished with 143.39.
Abbott and Scarpulla were part of a Skyliners team that finished fifth at the Junior World Challenge Cup last year. The name of the event of was changed this year.
- 1 Police: Norwalk Man Suffers Near-Fatal Stab Wounds In Greenwich
- 2 Merritt Reopens In Greenwich After Truck Slams Into Bridge, Catches Fire
- 3 Greenwich Triathlete Heads To Vermont With Hopeful, Heavy Heart
- 4 NASA Rocket Launch May Be Visible In Greenwich
- 5 Sales Fall, But Average Home Price Climbs 31% In Greenwich