FAIRFIELD COUNTY, Conn. – Rowers from New Canaan, Darien, Westport and Southport were named to the USRowing Under-23 team that will compete in the World Rowing U23 Championships July 24-28 in Linz, Austria.
Norwalk’s Yan Vengerovskiy, the coach at Norwalk’s Maritime Rowing Club, will be on the U.S. coaching staff.
New Canaan’s Andrew Campbell will row in the lightweight men’s single sculls. Matt Podlesak, of New Canaan, and Darien’s Parker Lange will compete on the lightweight men’s quadruple sculls. Westport’s Max Meyer-Bosse will row on the Men’s Eight, and Michael Davidson, of Southport, will compete on the men’s four with coxswain.
Westport’s Elizabeth Youngling will compete in women’s double sculls.
The U.S. won medals in three events at last year’s regatta in Lithuania. The complete team list is on the USRowing website.
- 1 One Killed, One Injured In Car Crash Near Port Chester High School
- 2 Police Identify Teenagers Involved In Fatal Port Chester Accident
- 3 UBS Parade Rises Again In Stamford On Sunday
- 4 Greenwich's Convent Of The Sacred Heart Celebrates Construction Milestone
- 5 Bridgeport National Guard Member Killed By Unsafe Lane Change, Police Say