FAIRFIELD COUNTY, Conn. – Players with ties to Connecticut on the U.S. men’s hockey team will make their Olympic debut Thursday when it plays Slovakia in Sochi, Russia.
The game is scheduled to face-off at 7:30 a.m. EST Thursday. Slovakia is also playing in its first game.
New Canaan native Max Pacioretty, Greenwich native Kevin Shattenkirk and Hamden native Jonathan Quick will play for Team USA.
Pacioretty, 25, is a forward who plays for the Montreal Canadiens in the National Hockey League. Shattenkirk is a 24-year-old defenseman who plays for St. Louis and Quick, 28, is a goalie for the Los Angeles Kings.
Pacioretty was injured in an NHL game on Saturday but still planned to play for Team USA.
The team's second game will be against Russia at 7:30 a.m. EST Saturday. Its third game will be against Slovenia at 7:30 a.m. EST Sunday.
The Slovakia, Russia and Slovenia games can all be seen on NBC Sports Network each day in the 5 p.m. rebroadcast.
Medal qualifying games are set for Tuesday, Feb. 18. Quarterfinal action is set for Wednesday, Feb. 19, followed by the bronze-medal game Saturday, Feb. 22, and gold-medal game on Sunday, Feb. 23.
You can view the entire Team USA hockey schedule here.
Click here for the complete Team USA lineup.
- 1 Greenwich Part Of Area Ranked Most Unequal Place In Nation
- 2 New Greenwich Cheese Shop Offers Taste Tests, Cut-To Order Selections
- 3 Former Greenwich Resident On New Bravo Docu-Series 'Friends To Lovers?'
- 4 Greenwich Man Faces Cruelty Charge After Kicking His Dog
- 5 Woman Faces DUI Charge After Driving Car With Blown Tires In Greenwich