GREENWICH, Conn. - Greenwich residents Emily Silk and Janine Weinberg received academic prizes at The Harvey School commencement Thursday, June 5, in Katonah, N.Y.
Silk, who was selected as one of two Harvey students to represent the school at the annual Lower Hudson Council of School Superintendents’ annual scholastic dinner last month, was presented with five major awards at commencement. She won two separate prizes in history, the school’s theater tech award, the Model UN Award and the Citizenship Award.
Weinberg won the Art Prize for excellence in art and the Improvement Award, voted on by the faculty to recognize the student who has made the greatest all-around improvement.
Silk and Weinberg, along with 73 of their classmates, were members of Harvey’s largest graduating class in its 98-year history.
The Harvey School is an independent college preparatory school for students in grades 6 through 12.
- 1 Bear Drops In At Backyard, Country Club In Greenwich
- 2 Record Numbers Turn Out As Greenwich Throws Its Biggest Party
- 3 Metro-North Train Hits, Kills Man On Tracks Near Fairfield Metro Station
- 4 Threat Of Tick-Borne Diseases Serious, Growing In Fairfield, Says Report
- 5 Greenwich Educator Drops Out Of Race For Principal At Staples