GREENWICH, Conn. - Greenwich residents Emily Silk and Janine Weinberg received academic prizes at The Harvey School commencement Thursday, June 5, in Katonah, N.Y.
Silk, who was selected as one of two Harvey students to represent the school at the annual Lower Hudson Council of School Superintendents’ annual scholastic dinner last month, was presented with five major awards at commencement. She won two separate prizes in history, the school’s theater tech award, the Model UN Award and the Citizenship Award.
Weinberg won the Art Prize for excellence in art and the Improvement Award, voted on by the faculty to recognize the student who has made the greatest all-around improvement.
Silk and Weinberg, along with 73 of their classmates, were members of Harvey’s largest graduating class in its 98-year history.
The Harvey School is an independent college preparatory school for students in grades 6 through 12.
- 1 Police Identify Teenagers Involved In Fatal Accident Near Port Chester HS
- 2 Cos Cob Woman Charged With Drug Possession In New York
- 3 Tens Of Thousands Turn Out To Enjoy UBS Parade In Downtown Stamford
- 4 Rain, Snow Threaten Greenwich On Busiest Travel Day Of The Year
- 5 Malloy: Avoid Travel Wednesday Due To Storm