WESTPORT, Conn. -- Will Haskell, a senior at Staples High School, wrote a piece for New York Magazine about the horrible day that the app Yik Yak hit the Westport school.
In a piece titled, "A Gossip App Brought My High School to a Halt," Haskell describes how the social media app brought a page out of "Mean Girls" to Staples as nasty and bullying posts were made throughout the day.
"In the period after lunch, everyone was waiting for the next post. Feeds were refreshed; new batches of unsigned obscenities entertained the student body," Haskell wrote.
Read Haskell's full article here at New York Magazine online.
Westport blogger Dan Woog wrote about Principal John Dodig's work to block the Yik Yak site and bring the student body back together.
"Dodig’s mission as Staples principal is to try to make all 1,900 students feel known and loved, by at least one adult," Woog wrote. "He’s tried to provide a safe, warm and encouraging space for every single boy or girl who comes through the doors every morning."
Read his full post here at 06880.
- 1 Police: Norwalk Man Suffers Near-Fatal Stab Wounds In Greenwich
- 2 Merritt Reopens In Greenwich After Truck Slams Into Bridge, Catches Fire
- 3 Greenwich Triathlete Heads To Vermont With Hopeful, Heavy Heart
- 4 Greenwich's First Snowfall Of Season Could Arrive Over Weekend
- 5 Greenwich Mom Gets Probation For Allowing Wild Teen Party In Easton