WESTPORT, Conn. -- Will Haskell, a senior at Staples High School, wrote a piece for New York Magazine about the horrible day that the app Yik Yak hit the Westport school.
In a piece titled, "A Gossip App Brought My High School to a Halt," Haskell describes how the social media app brought a page out of "Mean Girls" to Staples as nasty and bullying posts were made throughout the day.
"In the period after lunch, everyone was waiting for the next post. Feeds were refreshed; new batches of unsigned obscenities entertained the student body," Haskell wrote.
Read Haskell's full article here at New York Magazine online.
Westport blogger Dan Woog wrote about Principal John Dodig's work to block the Yik Yak site and bring the student body back together.
"Dodig’s mission as Staples principal is to try to make all 1,900 students feel known and loved, by at least one adult," Woog wrote. "He’s tried to provide a safe, warm and encouraging space for every single boy or girl who comes through the doors every morning."
Read his full post here at 06880.
- 1 Greenwich Selects New Town Administrator From Post With Schools
- 2 Thunderstorms Could Produce Gusty Winds, Hail In Greenwich
- 3 Nearly 1M Bicycles Recalled After Rider Is Paralyzed
- 4 MakerBot Shuts Down 3D Printing Retail Shop In Greenwich
- 5 Marco Rubio Will Swing Into Connecticut To Speak At GOP's Bush Dinner