WESTPORT, Conn. -- Will Haskell, a senior at Staples High School, wrote a piece for New York Magazine about the horrible day that the app Yik Yak hit the Westport school.
In a piece titled, "A Gossip App Brought My High School to a Halt," Haskell describes how the social media app brought a page out of "Mean Girls" to Staples as nasty and bullying posts were made throughout the day.
"In the period after lunch, everyone was waiting for the next post. Feeds were refreshed; new batches of unsigned obscenities entertained the student body," Haskell wrote.
Read Haskell's full article here at New York Magazine online.
Westport blogger Dan Woog wrote about Principal John Dodig's work to block the Yik Yak site and bring the student body back together.
"Dodig’s mission as Staples principal is to try to make all 1,900 students feel known and loved, by at least one adult," Woog wrote. "He’s tried to provide a safe, warm and encouraging space for every single boy or girl who comes through the doors every morning."
Read his full post here at 06880.
- 1 Stamford Cops: Greenwich Woman Charged After Leaving Child In Locked Car
- 2 Greenwich Cheerleader Named To National Society Of High School Scholars
- 3 Ranking Of Greenwich High Among Best Schools By Newsweek Tops Week’s News
- 4 Pooches Pack The Park For Greenwich's Puttin' On The Dog
- 5 Greenwich Could See Overnight Showers Heading Into Last Day Of Summer