GREENWICH, Conn. -- The Convent of the Sacred Heart in Greenwich will honor 60 students at its 165th commencement on Friday, June 6, starting at 2 p.m.
The commencement speaker will be the Rev. George Winzenburg, S.J., president of the Red Cloud Indian School on the Pine Ridge Reservation in South Dakota.
Winzenburg is no stranger to Convent of the Sacred Heart: He visited the campus twice and has spoken to the Senior Seminar classes about the Lakota people and the Red Cloud School on the Pine Ridge Reservation.
The Rev. Frank J. Caggiano, bishop of the Diocese of Bridgeport, will celebrate the Baccalaureate Mass.
The graduation ceremony will follow the liturgy at 3:15 p.m.
The commencement program will include speeches by the valedictorians Tara Hammonds and Christina Huchro as well as the salutatorian Margaret Ellison.
- 1 Police Identify Teenagers Involved In Fatal Accident Near Port Chester HS
- 2 One Killed, One Injured In Car Crash Near Port Chester High School
- 3 Rain, Snow Threaten Greenwich On Busiest Travel Day Of The Year
- 4 Tens Of Thousands Turn Out To Enjoy UBS Parade In Downtown Stamford
- 5 Up To One Inch Of Rain Could Fall Overnight In Greenwich