GREENWICH, Conn. – Greenwich’s Grace Tormey has been inducted into the Colgate University’s chapter of Phi Eta Sigma. The national scholastic honorary society recognizes the outstanding academic achievement of first-year students.
Tormey was among the 167 students who received the prestigious distinction for having earned a grade point average of at least 3.5 during the 2012-13 academic year.
Tormey, currently a sophomore at Colgate, is a graduate of Greenwich Academy.
Colgate offers 53 majors to a diverse student body of approximately 2,900 undergraduate students, and supports 25 Division I athletic teams.
- 1 Police: Norwalk Man Suffers Near-Fatal Stab Wounds In Greenwich
- 2 Merritt Reopens In Greenwich After Truck Slams Into Bridge, Catches Fire
- 3 Greenwich Triathlete Heads To Vermont With Hopeful, Heavy Heart
- 4 NASA Rocket Launch May Be Visible In Greenwich
- 5 Sales Fall, But Average Home Price Climbs 31% In Greenwich