GREENWICH, Conn. – Greenwich’s Grace Tormey has been inducted into the Colgate University’s chapter of Phi Eta Sigma. The national scholastic honorary society recognizes the outstanding academic achievement of first-year students.
Tormey was among the 167 students who received the prestigious distinction for having earned a grade point average of at least 3.5 during the 2012-13 academic year.
Tormey, currently a sophomore at Colgate, is a graduate of Greenwich Academy.
Colgate offers 53 majors to a diverse student body of approximately 2,900 undergraduate students, and supports 25 Division I athletic teams.
- 1 Westport Schools: Greenwich ‘Jumped the Gun’ On New Staples Principal
- 2 Metro-North Trains Returns To Schedule As Grand Central Reopens
- 3 Obama Departs From Westchester After Attending Stamford Event
- 4 Greenwich Student Hit By Car Near Central Middle School
- 5 Obama Sweeps Into Stamford To Raise Cash For Democratic Party