GREENWICH, Conn. – Greenwich’s Grace Tormey has been inducted into the Colgate University’s chapter of Phi Eta Sigma. The national scholastic honorary society recognizes the outstanding academic achievement of first-year students.
Tormey was among the 167 students who received the prestigious distinction for having earned a grade point average of at least 3.5 during the 2012-13 academic year.
Tormey, currently a sophomore at Colgate, is a graduate of Greenwich Academy.
Colgate offers 53 majors to a diverse student body of approximately 2,900 undergraduate students, and supports 25 Division I athletic teams.
- 1 July 4 Terror Threat 'Nothing Routine,' Says Former CIA Deputy Director
- 2 New Facebook Scam Could Cost You
- 3 Passengers Stranded For Hours Overnight On Metro-North's New Haven Line
- 4 Former Stamford Resident Resigns From Toyota After Drug Bust In Japan
- 5 13 Metro-North Conductors, Engineers Indicted In Cheating Scandal