GREENWICH, Conn. – Greenwich’s Grace Tormey has been inducted into the Colgate University’s chapter of Phi Eta Sigma. The national scholastic honorary society recognizes the outstanding academic achievement of first-year students.
Tormey was among the 167 students who received the prestigious distinction for having earned a grade point average of at least 3.5 during the 2012-13 academic year.
Tormey, currently a sophomore at Colgate, is a graduate of Greenwich Academy.
Colgate offers 53 majors to a diverse student body of approximately 2,900 undergraduate students, and supports 25 Division I athletic teams.
- 1 Christmas Week Storm May Impact Travel In Greenwich
- 2 Suspects In Custody After Shooters Flee From Stamford To Norwalk
- 3 One Man Dead After Altercation On Route 25/8 Ramp In Bridgeport
- 4 Greenwich Family Raises Record-Breaking $50,000 For Alzheimer’s Association
- 5 Greenwich Could See Light Snow Overnight Into Sunday