GREENWICH, Conn. – Greenwich’s Grace Tormey has been inducted into the Colgate University’s chapter of Phi Eta Sigma. The national scholastic honorary society recognizes the outstanding academic achievement of first-year students.
Tormey was among the 167 students who received the prestigious distinction for having earned a grade point average of at least 3.5 during the 2012-13 academic year.
Tormey, currently a sophomore at Colgate, is a graduate of Greenwich Academy.
Colgate offers 53 majors to a diverse student body of approximately 2,900 undergraduate students, and supports 25 Division I athletic teams.
- 1 Greenwich Bank Robbed At Gunpoint; Police Seek Female Suspect
- 2 CL&P Repairs Large Power Outage In Greenwich
- 3 Chipotle's Mexican Grill Expands With Second Location In Greenwich
- 4 Greenwich Boasts Several Elementary Schools Among Connecticut's Best
- 5 Former Controller Of Greenwich Hedge Fund Admits Embezzling $9 Million