GREENWICH, Conn., -- Greenwich Public Schools will try to avoid scheduling district events on Sept. 11 after teachers, parents and town officials questioned a school event on the anniversary of the 2001 terrorist attacks, a public school official said.
In a release issued Wednesday, Aug. 27, Kim Eves, the district's communications director, said the middle school open house date has been changed to Sept. 10 from Sept. 11.
"We will make every effort to avoid scheduling district events on Sept. 11 in the future," the statement said.
- 1 Police: Norwalk Man Suffers Near-Fatal Stab Wounds In Greenwich
- 2 Merritt Reopens In Greenwich After Truck Slams Into Bridge, Catches Fire
- 3 Greenwich Triathlete Heads To Vermont With Hopeful, Heavy Heart
- 4 NASA Rocket Launch May Be Visible In Greenwich
- 5 Sales Fall, But Average Home Price Climbs 31% In Greenwich