GREENWICH, Conn., -- Greenwich Public Schools will try to avoid scheduling district events on Sept. 11 after teachers, parents and town officials questioned a school event on the anniversary of the 2001 terrorist attacks, a public school official said.
In a release issued Wednesday, Aug. 27, Kim Eves, the district's communications director, said the middle school open house date has been changed to Sept. 10 from Sept. 11.
"We will make every effort to avoid scheduling district events on Sept. 11 in the future," the statement said.
- 1 Police: Greenwich Woman Used Stroller In Shoplifting Attempt At Saks
- 2 Death Of Fairfield Man Found On Island Off Westport Ruled Suicide
- 3 Greenwich Police: Woman Hid In Dumpster After Stealing From CVS
- 4 Old Greenwich Restaurant Reviewed By Fairfield County Foodie
- 5 Missing Fairfield Boater Found Dead On Westport Island