GREENWICH, Conn., -- Greenwich Public Schools will try to avoid scheduling district events on Sept. 11 after teachers, parents and town officials questioned a school event on the anniversary of the 2001 terrorist attacks, a public school official said.
In a release issued Wednesday, Aug. 27, Kim Eves, the district's communications director, said the middle school open house date has been changed to Sept. 10 from Sept. 11.
"We will make every effort to avoid scheduling district events on Sept. 11 in the future," the statement said.
- 1 Police: Woman Robs Darien Bank At Gunpoint
- 2 Head Of Yoga Empire With Fairfield County Locations Faces Rape Allegation
- 3 Chance Of Snow Returns To Greenwich Overnight
- 4 Funeral Arrangements Announced For Teenage Sisters Murdered In Harrison
- 5 Family Asks For Help In Finding Missing College Student, 21, From Fairfield