GREENWICH, Conn., -- Greenwich Public Schools will try to avoid scheduling district events on Sept. 11 after teachers, parents and town officials questioned a school event on the anniversary of the 2001 terrorist attacks, a public school official said.
In a release issued Wednesday, Aug. 27, Kim Eves, the district's communications director, said the middle school open house date has been changed to Sept. 10 from Sept. 11.
"We will make every effort to avoid scheduling district events on Sept. 11 in the future," the statement said.
- 1 Teen Prostitute Charged With Falsely Reporting Rape In Greenwich
- 2 Christmas Week Storm May Impact Travel In Greenwich
- 3 One Man Dead After Altercation On Route 25/8 Ramp In Bridgeport
- 4 Sony Pulls Film; Greenwich Will Have To Wait On 'The Interview'
- 5 Suspects In Custody After Shooters Fled From Stamford To Norwalk