GREENWICH, Conn., -- Greenwich Public Schools will try to avoid scheduling district events on Sept. 11 after teachers, parents and town officials questioned a school event on the anniversary of the 2001 terrorist attacks, a public school official said.
In a release issued Wednesday, Aug. 27, Kim Eves, the district's communications director, said the middle school open house date has been changed to Sept. 10 from Sept. 11.
"We will make every effort to avoid scheduling district events on Sept. 11 in the future," the statement said.
- 1 Police Identify Teenagers Involved In Fatal Accident Near Port Chester HS
- 2 One Killed, One Injured In Car Crash Near Port Chester High School
- 3 Greenwich's Convent Of The Sacred Heart Celebrates Construction Milestone
- 4 Up To One Inch Of Rain Could Fall Overnight In Greenwich
- 5 Lynn Ann Bahnken, 59, Of Greenwich