GREENWICH, Conn., -- Greenwich High School graduating seniors will be celebrating Thursday as they leave their high school years behind them.
The graduation ceremony will be held at 6:30 p.m. Thursday at Greenwich High School’s Cardinal Stadium.
The commencement speaker will be a 1975 Greenwich High School graduate Paul Hicks, the National Football League’s executive vice president of communications.
Hicks was the captain of the first varsity GHS lacrosse team and also played football for the Cardinals during an undefeated season. He has spent most of his professional career in the communications field, also serving as a Greenwich town selectman, chief of staff to a U.S. congressman and CEO of Ogilvy Public Relations for the Americas. He has been a Greenwich resident since 1962 and is the proud parent of two Greenwich High School graduates.
￼In case of inclement weather, the commencement ceremonies will be held indoors in the GHS Student Center in two groups. Students with last names beginning with A-K will begin at 4 p.m., and students
￼with last names beginning with L-Z will begin at 7:15 p.m.
While seating for the outdoor ceremony is unlimited and on a first-come, first-serve basis, each family
￼receive three tickets for use in case there is an indoor ceremony.
- 1 Nor'easter To Impact Greenwich On Wednesday
- 2 Greenwich Ranks In SafeWise's Top 10 Of Safest Places In State
- 3 No Injuries Reported In Car Fire On Merritt Parkway In Greenwich
- 4 Happy Birthday To Greenwich’s Judith Sheindlin ('Judge Judy')
- 5 Two Convent Of The Sacred Heart Students Named National Merit Semifinalists