GREENWICH, Conn. -- Greenwich High School was named among the top public high schools in Connecticut and was one of only 500 schools nationwide to receive a gold medal in the annual U.S. News & World Report study.
Greenwich High ranked 15th in the state and is the seventh-highest-ranked school in Fairfield County. Nationally, Greenwich ranked 413th.
U.S. News analyzed more than 31,200 public high schools in all 50 states and the District of Columbia, and has published data on more than 19,400, including student demographics and results on state exams and Advanced Placement and International Baccalaureate tests.
In the national rankings, 1,519 schools took home silver medals and 2,688 were awarded bronze.
The top ten schools in Fairfield County include:
1. Weston High School
2. Wilton High School
3. Ridgefield High School
4. Staples High School
5. Darien High School
6. Joel Barlow High School
7. Greenwich High School
8. New Canaan High School
9. Fairfield Ludlowe High School
10. Fairfield Warde High School
- 1 Moving Truck Gets Wedged Under Metro-North Train Bridge In Greenwich
- 2 Drenching Thunderstorms Headed To Greenwich
- 3 New Canaan Man Accused Of Sexually Assaulting 3-Year-Old At Wife's Day Care
- 4 Greenwich Mogul Shakes Up Art World With Sale Of Magazine, Merger
- 5 Conyers Farm Home In Greenwich Hits Market For $65 Million