GREENWICH, Conn. -- The White House Internship Program has announced the participants for the summer 2015 session, who include three Greenwich natives, a Darien native, and many others with ties to Connecticut.
The mission of the program is to make the White House accessible to future leaders around the nation and to prepare those devoted to public service for future leadership opportunities. A White House Internship provides a unique opportunity to gain valuable professional experience and build leadership skills.
The interns, with hometown and college, participating in the program from or with ties to Connecticut include:
- Thomas McGlade of Darien; Emory University, Ga.
- Addiso Bennett, of Greenwich; Skidmore College, N.Y.
- Sara Fass, of Greenwich; Tulane University of Louisiana
Jessie Kaplan, of Greenwich; Tulane University of Louisiana
- Azeezat Adeleke, of Waldorf, Md.; Yale University
- Aditya Basheer, of Sharon, Mass.; Yale University
- Maya Berkman, of Amherst, Mass.; Wesleyan University
- Eric Chung, of Madison Heights, Mich.; Yale University
- Brianna DeVivo, of Mansfield; University of Connecticut
- Ariel Dobkin, of Cheshire; Yale University
- Adrianna Elliott, of Galena, Ky.; Yale University
- Alon Gur, of Philadelphia; Yale University
- Brendan Hopkins, of Blue Bell, Pa.; Yale University
- Rebecca Hutman, of Santa Monica, Calif.; Wesleyan University
- Zachary Johnson, of Huntingtown, Md.; Yale University
- Sergio Lopez, of San Jose, Calif.; Yale University
- Karla Mardueno, of Chicago; Trinity College
- Alexander McDonald, of New York City; Yale University
- Andrew Ruben, of Wallingford; Yale University
- Allison Tjemsland, of Sequim, Wash.; Yale University
- Alexandros Valiantis, of Queens, N.Y.; Central Connecticut State University
Interns work in one of several White House departments, including:
- the Domestic Policy Council
- the National Economic Council
- the Office of Cabinet Affairs
- the Office of Communications; the Office of Digital Strategy
- the Office of the First Lady
- the Office of Legislative Affairs
- the Office of Management and Administration
- the Office of Political Strategy and Outreach
- the Office of the Staff Secretary
- the Presidential Personnel Office
- the Office of Public Engagement and Intergovernmental Affairs
- the Office of Scheduling and Advance
- the Office of the Vice President
- the Office of the White House Counsel
- and the President’s Commission on White House Fellowships.
Click here to sign up for Daily Voice's free daily emails and news alerts.