GREENWICH, Conn. – Eighth-grade students at Whitby School took part in an interactive furniture-making class with master furniture maker Warren Shaw of Thos. Moser Furniture this past week.
Shaw traveled from the company’s Maine workshop to Whitby to lead the class in the hands-on process of building and crafting rocking chairs. The students all signed their work and had the chairs sent to the Thos. Moser shop in Auburn, Maine, to be finished with oil and wax.
The New Gloucester Rockers will be featured in the display window of the Thos. Moser showroom in Greenwich during December and at the Dec. 19 Whitby Student Art Exhibit. The chairs will then be auctioned at Whitby School’s 55th Anniversary Spring Benefit.
Thos. Moser built the chairs for President Barack Obama and Pope Benedict during the official welcome ceremony of the last papal visit.
- 1 Nor'easter To Impact Greenwich On Wednesday
- 2 Greenwich Ranks In SafeWise's Top 10 Of Safest Places In State
- 3 No Injuries Reported In Car Fire On Merritt Parkway In Greenwich
- 4 Happy Birthday To Greenwich’s Judith Sheindlin ('Judge Judy')
- 5 NYC Doctor Is First Person In The Tristate Area To Test Positive For Ebola