GREENWICH, Conn. – Eighth-grade students at Whitby School took part in an interactive furniture-making class with master furniture maker Warren Shaw of Thos. Moser Furniture this past week.
Shaw traveled from the company’s Maine workshop to Whitby to lead the class in the hands-on process of building and crafting rocking chairs. The students all signed their work and had the chairs sent to the Thos. Moser shop in Auburn, Maine, to be finished with oil and wax.
The New Gloucester Rockers will be featured in the display window of the Thos. Moser showroom in Greenwich during December and at the Dec. 19 Whitby Student Art Exhibit. The chairs will then be auctioned at Whitby School’s 55th Anniversary Spring Benefit.
Thos. Moser built the chairs for President Barack Obama and Pope Benedict during the official welcome ceremony of the last papal visit.
- 1 Threat Of Tick-Borne Diseases Serious, Growing In Fairfield, Says Report
- 2 Bear Drops In At Backyard, Country Club In Greenwich
- 3 Record Numbers Turn Out As Greenwich Throws Its Biggest Party
- 4 Enjoy A Parade On Memorial Day, Greenwich
- 5 Obama's Fundraising Trip, Principal Mishap Top Week's News In Greenwich