GREENWICH, Conn. – Eighth-grade students at Whitby School took part in an interactive furniture-making class with master furniture maker Warren Shaw of Thos. Moser Furniture this past week.
Shaw traveled from the company’s Maine workshop to Whitby to lead the class in the hands-on process of building and crafting rocking chairs. The students all signed their work and had the chairs sent to the Thos. Moser shop in Auburn, Maine, to be finished with oil and wax.
The New Gloucester Rockers will be featured in the display window of the Thos. Moser showroom in Greenwich during December and at the Dec. 19 Whitby Student Art Exhibit. The chairs will then be auctioned at Whitby School’s 55th Anniversary Spring Benefit.
Thos. Moser built the chairs for President Barack Obama and Pope Benedict during the official welcome ceremony of the last papal visit.
- 1 Body Found In Lake Ontario ID'd As Fairfield's Max Maisel
- 2 Greenwich Selects New Town Administrator From Post With Schools
- 3 Thunderstorms Could Produce Gusty Winds, Hail In Greenwich
- 4 Nearly 1M Bicycles Recalled After Rider Is Paralyzed
- 5 MakerBot Shuts Down 3D Printing Retail Shop In Greenwich