GREENWICH, Conn. -- Two-time Emmy winner and "Modern Family" star Julie Bowen will be the commencement speaker at Greenwich Academy's Class of 2013 graduation ceremony May 23, the school announced Monday.
“We are thrilled to have Ms. Bowen as our speaker," Head of School Molly King said. "She’s an accomplished actress with a smart sense of humor and a great role model for our girls; parents and students alike are delighted to have her here for graduation.”
In addition to her acclaimed role on "Modern Family," Bowen has starred in television shows such as "Ed," "Boston Legal" and "Lost" and in films such as "Happy Gilmore" and "Horrible Bosses."
Bowen grew up in Baltimore and attended Garrison Forest, an all-girls school, before going to St. George's School in Newport, R.I., from which she graduated, according to the school's press release. She then went on to Brown University and majored in Renaissance Studies.
- 1 July 4 Terror Warning Issued By FBI, Homeland Security
- 2 Police Shoot, Kill Fugitive Richard Matt; Fellow Escapee David Sweat On Run
- 3 Second Escapee David Sweat Shot By New York State Police, Now In Hospital
- 4 Heavy Rain Headed To Greenwich, Thunderstorms Possible
- 5 Greenwich Could See New Round Of Thunderstorms