FAIRFIELD COUNTY, Conn. – New Canaan, Darien, Westport and Greenwich made the top 10 list for number of foreclosures of properties worth more than $1 million in the U.S. in the first nine months of 2012, the Wall Street Journal reported.
New Canaan ranked No. 1 nationwide on the Wall Street Journal’s recent luxury real estate study with 25 foreclosures from January to October, 2012.
Darien and Westport were tied at fourth with 17 foreclosures each and Greenwich was seventh with 12 foreclosures in the last year.
More than 2,000 million-dollar homes went to foreclosure between January and October 2012, the report says, but that’s down 50 percent since 2010.
Read the rest of the Wall Street Journal story.
- 1 July 4 Terror Warning Issued By FBI, Homeland Security
- 2 Second Escapee David Sweat Shot By New York State Police, Now In Hospital
- 3 July 4 Terror Threat 'Nothing Routine,' Says Former CIA Deputy Director
- 4 Heavy Rain Headed To Greenwich, Thunderstorms Possible
- 5 Greenwich Could See New Round Of Thunderstorms