GREENWICH, Conn. – Update 11 a.m.: Absentee ballots have been counted in Greenwich and all vote totals are now official. Absentee votes did not change the outcome of Stephen Walko's victory.
Walko added 580 absentee votes to his total, while his Democratic challenger, Stephanie Paulmeno, added 432 absentee votes to her final count.
Republican Stephen Walko defeated Democrat Stephanie Paulmeno for the the seat in Greenwich's 150th House District, according to unofficial results from the Greenwich Registrar of Voters.
The seat was vacated by retiring state Rep. Lile R. Gibbons.
Walko topped Paulmeno by a tally of 4,761 votes to 3,365. Absentee ballots have yet to be counted and are not reflected in the final numbers. About 3,000 absentee ballots across the 19 voting districts in Greenwich will be added to the final tally on Wednesday.
Paulmeno focused her concerns on the condition of low-income residents, while Walko said there was too much burden on Connecticut taxpayers.
The 150th District encompasses the Old Greenwich and shoreline area.
- 1 Greenwich Mogul Shakes Up Art World With Sale Of Magazine, Merger
- 2 Moving Truck Gets Wedged Under Metro-North Train Bridge In Greenwich
- 3 Greenwich Girl, 17, Issued Tickets In Boating Death Of Friend Last Summer
- 4 Drenching Thunderstorms Headed To Greenwich
- 5 New Canaan Man Accused Of Sexually Assaulting 3-Year-Old At Wife's Day Care