FAIRFIELD COUNTY, Conn. -- U.S. Sen. Chris Murphy (D-Conn.) continued his YouTube video series "Connecticut in the Capitol," which takes viewers on a tour that highlights the state's connections to a variety of places and objects throughout the historic building in Washington, D.C.
The latest edition in the series covers the statue of Roger Sherman, one of the country's Founding Fathers. Sherman, a former mayor of New Haven, representative in New Milford, and signatory of all four of our country’s founding documents, created the concept behind the Connecticut Compromise—the agreement that determined that each state would have proportional representation in the House of Representatives, and two representatives in the U.S. Senate.
Click on the video above to see the full tour.
- 1 Shark Sightings Lead To Beach Closure On Long Island
- 2 Police Corral 90-Pound Alligator Crossing Street In New York City
- 3 Rye Brook Landlord Negotiates Settlement With D'Agostino's Supermarket
- 4 Greenwich Could See Storms As Weekend Wraps Up
- 5 Police ID Homeless Man Whose Legs Were Found Near New Haven Train Station