FAIRFIELD COUNTY, Conn. -- Due you owe back taxes to the state? Now is your chance to pay off your debt. Connecticut's tax amnesty program began Monday and will run through Nov. 15.
The 60-day window allows taxpayers to pay back taxes to the state at a reduced interest rate and to avoid penalties and criminal prosecution.
Tax amnesty is open to anyone, individuals or businesses, who owe Connecticut taxes for any period ending on or before Nov. 30, 2012.
Those who come forward during the amnesty period receive a 75 percent reduction in the interest due provided the taxes due are paid in full by the end of the 60-day window.
- 1 July 4 Terror Warning Issued By FBI, Homeland Security
- 2 Police Shoot, Kill Fugitive Richard Matt; Fellow Escapee David Sweat On Run
- 3 Second Escapee David Sweat Shot By New York State Police, Now In Hospital
- 4 Greenwich Real Estate Agent From Houlihan Lawrence Earns Business Honor
- 5 Heavy Rain Headed To Greenwich, Thunderstorms Possible