FAIRFIELD COUNTY, Conn. -- Due you owe back taxes to the state? Now is your chance to pay off your debt. Connecticut's tax amnesty program began Monday and will run through Nov. 15.
The 60-day window allows taxpayers to pay back taxes to the state at a reduced interest rate and to avoid penalties and criminal prosecution.
Tax amnesty is open to anyone, individuals or businesses, who owe Connecticut taxes for any period ending on or before Nov. 30, 2012.
Those who come forward during the amnesty period receive a 75 percent reduction in the interest due provided the taxes due are paid in full by the end of the 60-day window.
- 1 Shark Sightings Lead To Beach Closure On Long Island
- 2 Police Corral 90-Pound Alligator Crossing Street In New York City
- 3 Rye Brook Landlord Negotiates Settlement With D'Agostino's Supermarket
- 4 Greenwich Could See Storms As Weekend Wraps Up
- 5 Police ID Homeless Man Whose Legs Were Found Near New Haven Train Station