FAIRFIELD COUNTY, Conn. -- Due you owe back taxes to the state? Now is your chance to pay off your debt. Connecticut's tax amnesty program began Monday and will run through Nov. 15.
The 60-day window allows taxpayers to pay back taxes to the state at a reduced interest rate and to avoid penalties and criminal prosecution.
Tax amnesty is open to anyone, individuals or businesses, who owe Connecticut taxes for any period ending on or before Nov. 30, 2012.
Those who come forward during the amnesty period receive a 75 percent reduction in the interest due provided the taxes due are paid in full by the end of the 60-day window.
- 1 Police: Norwalk Man Suffers Near-Fatal Stab Wounds In Greenwich
- 2 Merritt Reopens In Greenwich After Truck Slams Into Bridge, Catches Fire
- 3 Greenwich Triathlete Heads To Vermont With Hopeful, Heavy Heart
- 4 Sales Fall, But Average Home Price Climbs 31% In Greenwich
- 5 Greenwich's First Snowfall Of Season Could Arrive Over Weekend