NORWALK, Conn. -- Congressman Jim Himes (Conn., District 4) announced $138,000 in federal grants will be distributed to the Housing Authorities in Greenwich and Norwalk recently.
The funding, which was awarded by the Department of Housing and Urban Development (HUD), will be used to help public housing residents in the two towns gain access to education, job training, and employment.
“Oftentimes, families in supportive housing require more than just a roof over their heads—they need the education and job training that will help them become self-sufficient and enable them to provide for their families,” Himes said in a statement. “I am very pleased that Greenwich and Norwalk will be receiving this funding to help families in need find jobs, and I look forward to working with the respective housing authorities as they move forward on implementing this funding.”
- 1 Police: Armed Robber Strikes Greenwich Gas Station On Route 1
- 2 Box Truck Fire Closes East Putnam Avenue In Greenwich
- 3 Car Rollover On I-95 In Fairfield Requires Complicated Extractions
- 4 Pedestrian Struck, Killed By Train At Fairfield Station
- 5 Greenwich Police: Two Men Assaulted, Robbed In 'Ferocious' Street Attack