NORWALK, Conn. -- Congressman Jim Himes (Conn., District 4) announced $138,000 in federal grants will be distributed to the Housing Authorities in Greenwich and Norwalk recently.
The funding, which was awarded by the Department of Housing and Urban Development (HUD), will be used to help public housing residents in the two towns gain access to education, job training, and employment.
“Oftentimes, families in supportive housing require more than just a roof over their heads—they need the education and job training that will help them become self-sufficient and enable them to provide for their families,” Himes said in a statement. “I am very pleased that Greenwich and Norwalk will be receiving this funding to help families in need find jobs, and I look forward to working with the respective housing authorities as they move forward on implementing this funding.”
- 1 Cos Cob Woman Charged With Drug Possession In New York
- 2 Tens Of Thousands Turn Out To Enjoy UBS Parade In Downtown Stamford
- 3 Suspect Grabs $50K In Fur Coats From Greenwich's Saks Fifth Avenue
- 4 Rain, Snow Threaten Greenwich On Busiest Travel Day Of The Year
- 5 Malloy: Avoid Travel Wednesday Due To Storm