NORWALK, Conn. -- Congressman Jim Himes (Conn., District 4) announced $138,000 in federal grants will be distributed to the Housing Authorities in Greenwich and Norwalk recently.
The funding, which was awarded by the Department of Housing and Urban Development (HUD), will be used to help public housing residents in the two towns gain access to education, job training, and employment.
“Oftentimes, families in supportive housing require more than just a roof over their heads—they need the education and job training that will help them become self-sufficient and enable them to provide for their families,” Himes said in a statement. “I am very pleased that Greenwich and Norwalk will be receiving this funding to help families in need find jobs, and I look forward to working with the respective housing authorities as they move forward on implementing this funding.”
- 1 Norwalk Cop Prevents Metro-North Train From Hitting Car On Tracks
- 2 Greenwich Will See Widespread Snow Sunday Into Monday
- 3 Hundreds Pay Respects To Slain Harrison Sisters During Calling Hours
- 4 Former NBA All-Star, New York Knicks Player Anthony Mason Dies At 48
- 5 Snow Likely At End Of Weekend In Greenwich