GREENWICH, Conn. -- Greenwich's Carl Higbie is receiving local support for his bid to be the Republican candidate to run for the 4th Congressional District and challenge U.S. Rep. Jim Himes.
A number of delegates and leaders from across the Republican community in Connecticut’s Fourth Congressional District are backing Higbie’s campaign, according to a press release. Fred Camillo, state representative 151st District in Greenwich; Kieran Ryan, Stamford Republican Town Committee; James Ryan, Stamford Republican Town Committee; Rocky Trungadi, Oxford Republican Town Committee; Mary Anne Marcella, New Canaan Republican Town Committee and Bob MacGuffie, Fairfield Republican Town Committee have joined other local GOP delegates in supporting Higbie’s campaign.
“Carl is a patriot who has demonstrated his love of country through his combat service in the U.S. Navy," said MacGuffie in the release. "He is a constitutional conservative who will draw a principled contrast with the incumbent liberal Jim Himes. We can be sure that the voting for endless deficits, trillions in federal debt, unconstitutional bills and intrusive regulations will cease upon Carl's election to represent us. I wholeheartedly endorse Carl Higbie for the Republican nomination for congress in CT-4.”
Higbie is challenging Dan Debicella for the Republican nomination to challenge Himes, the incumbent.
"Carl is running on a straight-forward platform that includes taking social issues out of the legislative discussion and bringing fiscal responsibility to Congress, to Connecticut’s state government and to the Connecticut Governor’s office," representatives said in the release.
“These local leaders understand what is at stake in this election, and they know our state cannot afford four more years of Jim Himes, Daniel Malloy or more misguided policies.” Higbie said. “My campaign has built momentum from all corners of the state and these latest endorsements reflect the widespread grassroots support I have gained locally.”
Here is a list of Higbie 2014 endorsements/delegates, according to a press release:
- Fred Camillo, State Representative, 151st District
- Bob MacGuffie, Fairfield RTC
- Bill Malchisky, Fairfield RTC
- Konstantine Wells, Greenwich RTC
- Kevin O'Connor, Greenwich RTC
- Cort Wrotnowski, Greenwich RTC
- Roz Nicastro, Greenwich RTC
- Mary Anne Marcella, New Canaan RTC
- Rocky Trungadi, Oxford RTC
- Linda Czaplinski, Oxford RTC
- Eileen Bellacosa, Oxford RTC
- Kieran Ryan, Stamford RTC
- James Ryan, Stamford RTC
- Alan Shaw, Stamford RTC
- Carroll Allen, Stamford RTC
- Carola Camman, Stamford RTC
- Wilm Donath, Stamford RTC
- Phil Balestriere, Stamford RTC
- Trish Galloway, Trumbull RTC
- Gail Jarvis, Trumbull RTC
- Eileen Bellacosa, Weston
- Mary Nicholas, Wilton RTC
- 1 Greenwich Part Of Area Ranked Most Unequal Place In Nation
- 2 New Greenwich Cheese Shop Offers Taste Tests, Cut-To Order Selections
- 3 Former Greenwich Resident On New Bravo Docu-Series 'Friends To Lovers?'
- 4 Greenwich Man Faces Cruelty Charge After Kicking His Dog
- 5 Woman Faces DUI Charge After Driving Car With Blown Tires In Greenwich