FAIRFIELD COUNTY, Conn. -- Incumbent Democrat Dannel Malloy and Republican challenger Tom Foley faced off Wednesday night, Aug. 27, in the first gubernatorial debate for the fall rematch of the 2010 campaign.
Malloy, the former mayor of Stamford, and Foley, a Greenwich businessman, spent a good portion of the debate on Malloy's economic record and Foley's business record, according to CT Mirror.org.
The debate was held onstage at the Norwich Free Academy in Norwich, with both candidates sitting in wingback chairs.
Malloy also apologized for saying three years ago that teachers could gain tenure simply by showing up, CT Mirror.org reported.
- 1 Greenwich Bank Robbed At Gunpoint; Police Seek Female Suspect
- 2 CL&P Repairs Large Power Outage In Greenwich
- 3 Chipotle's Mexican Grill Expands With Second Location In Greenwich
- 4 Greenwich Boasts Several Elementary Schools Among Connecticut's Best
- 5 Former Controller Of Greenwich Hedge Fund Admits Embezzling $9 Million