UPDATED 9 a.m. Friday: GREENWICH, Conn. - A tractor-trailer accident closed two northbound lanes of I-95 in Greenwich during the early Friday morning rush hour, police said. At least one person was killed in the overnight crash.
The road was closed overnight and two lanes had been closed between Exits 2 and 3 in the early morning, police said. Even when the left lane was open, there were still heavy delays with traffic backed up on I-95 into Westchester County, according to WABC-TV.
At least one fatality occurred as a result of the accident, Greenwich Police Public Information Officer Lt. Kraig Gray said.
The Exit 3 ramp on northbound I-95 remained closed and would be closed for most, if not all, of Friday morning, Gray said.
Traffic was being directed off at Exit 2 and onto Route 1.
Gray advised Greenwich residents to expect heavy traffic on town roads due to the detours off the highway.
Check back with The Daily Voice for updates.
- 1 Nor'easter To Impact Greenwich On Wednesday
- 2 Greenwich Ranks In SafeWise's Top 10 Of Safest Places In State
- 3 No Injuries Reported In Car Fire On Merritt Parkway In Greenwich
- 4 NYC Doctor Is First Person In The Tristate Area To Test Positive For Ebola
- 5 Two Convent Of The Sacred Heart Students Named National Merit Semifinalists