GREENWICH, Conn. – As 2012 comes to a close, The Greenwich Daily Voice is counting down some of the top stories of the year.
A man was found dead and his mother severely injured in a fire that police say was intentionally set in a Greenwich home investigators described as "cluttered" and difficult to get through on Oct. 3.
Dean Verboven, 42, was found dead in the home at 46 Havemeyer Lane. His mother, Barbara Verboven, 69, was in critical condition at the Bridgeport Hospital Burn Center immediately after the blaze, Greenwich Police Lt. Kraig Gray said.
Read the full article here.
Check back tomorrow for another top story of 2012.
- 1 Police: Norwalk Man Suffers Near-Fatal Stab Wounds In Greenwich
- 2 Merritt Reopens In Greenwich After Truck Slams Into Bridge, Catches Fire
- 3 Greenwich Triathlete Heads To Vermont With Hopeful, Heavy Heart
- 4 NASA Rocket Launch May Be Visible In Greenwich
- 5 Sales Fall, But Average Home Price Climbs 31% In Greenwich