GREENWICH, Conn. – As 2012 comes to a close, The Greenwich Daily Voice is counting down some of the top stories of the year.
A man was found dead and his mother severely injured in a fire that police say was intentionally set in a Greenwich home investigators described as "cluttered" and difficult to get through on Oct. 3.
Dean Verboven, 42, was found dead in the home at 46 Havemeyer Lane. His mother, Barbara Verboven, 69, was in critical condition at the Bridgeport Hospital Burn Center immediately after the blaze, Greenwich Police Lt. Kraig Gray said.
Read the full article here.
Check back tomorrow for another top story of 2012.
- 1 Greenwich Ranks In SafeWise's Top 10 Of Safest Places In State
- 2 No Injuries Reported In Car Fire On Merritt Parkway In Greenwich
- 3 NYC Doctor Is First Person In The Tristate Area To Test Positive For Ebola
- 4 Two Convent Of The Sacred Heart Students Named National Merit Semifinalists
- 5 Billionaire Mario Gabelli Sells Greenwich Home For $10.3 Million