GREENWICH, Conn. – As 2012 comes to a close, The Greenwich Daily Voice is counting down some of the top stories of the year.
A man was found dead and his mother severely injured in a fire that police say was intentionally set in a Greenwich home investigators described as "cluttered" and difficult to get through on Oct. 3.
Dean Verboven, 42, was found dead in the home at 46 Havemeyer Lane. His mother, Barbara Verboven, 69, was in critical condition at the Bridgeport Hospital Burn Center immediately after the blaze, Greenwich Police Lt. Kraig Gray said.
Read the full article here.
Check back tomorrow for another top story of 2012.
- 1 Greenwich Mogul Shakes Up Art World With Sale Of Magazine, Merger
- 2 Greenwich Girl, 17, Issued Tickets In Boating Death Of Friend Last Summer
- 3 Moving Truck Gets Wedged Under Metro-North Train Bridge In Greenwich
- 4 Drenching Thunderstorms Headed To Greenwich
- 5 New Canaan Man Accused Of Sexually Assaulting 3-Year-Old At Wife's Day Care