STAMFORD, Conn. -- A city taxi driver is dead after he was stabbed in what Stamford police say was a violent struggle both inside and outside his Stamford taxi early Wednesday morning.
Mahomed Kamal, 47, was found on the lawn of 150 Doolittle Road at about 8:30 a.m. by landscapers, police said. The home is in the Westover area of Stamford close to the Den Road exit on the the Merritt Parkway.
The taxi was impaled on a wooden portion of the street nearby, police said.
Kamal was pronounced dead at the scene. He had been stabbed multiple times, police said.
The knife has not been found, and police are asking for the public's help, especially if they saw or heard anything suspicious at about 3 a.m. in that area.
The scene was processed, and the state medical examiner arrived to secure the body for an autopsy, police said.
- 1 Nor'easter To Impact Greenwich On Wednesday
- 2 Greenwich Ranks In SafeWise's Top 10 Of Safest Places In State
- 3 No Injuries Reported In Car Fire On Merritt Parkway In Greenwich
- 4 Happy Birthday To Greenwich’s Judith Sheindlin ('Judge Judy')
- 5 Two Convent Of The Sacred Heart Students Named National Merit Semifinalists