STAMFORD, Conn. -- A city taxi driver is dead after he was stabbed in what Stamford police say was a violent struggle both inside and outside his Stamford taxi early Wednesday morning.
Mahomed Kamal, 47, was found on the lawn of 150 Doolittle Road at about 8:30 a.m. by landscapers, police said. The home is in the Westover area of Stamford close to the Den Road exit on the the Merritt Parkway.
The taxi was impaled on a wooden portion of the street nearby, police said.
Kamal was pronounced dead at the scene. He had been stabbed multiple times, police said.
The knife has not been found, and police are asking for the public's help, especially if they saw or heard anything suspicious at about 3 a.m. in that area.
The scene was processed, and the state medical examiner arrived to secure the body for an autopsy, police said.
- 1 Greenwich Police Seek Help Finding Missing Teen Girl
- 2 Greenwich Selects New Town Administrator From Post With Schools
- 3 Nearly 1M Bicycles Recalled After Rider Is Paralyzed
- 4 Thunderstorms Could Produce Gusty Winds, Hail In Greenwich
- 5 Organizers Look To Premiere A New Kind Of Film Festival For Greenwich