GREENWICH, Conn. -- Greenwich Police are now saying that a green backpack that caused a bomb scare at a Byram bank was forgotten by a SUNY-Purchase student who left it there, according to greenwichtime.com.
Police officials shut down the Bank of America on South Water Street and called in the bomb squad from Stamford to investigate after they discovered the suspicious package.
Niko Šveikauskas was questioned by police after admitting the bag was his, and he was visibly embarrassed about the misunderstanding, greenwichtime.com reported.
Police determined there was nothing suspicious in the bag, and it was unlikely that any charges will be filed against Šveikauskas, greenwichtime.com said.
- 1 Greenwich Part Of Area Ranked Most Unequal Place In Nation
- 2 New Greenwich Cheese Shop Offers Taste Tests, Cut-To Order Selections
- 3 Former Greenwich Resident On New Bravo Docu-Series 'Friends To Lovers?'
- 4 Greenwich Man Faces Cruelty Charge After Kicking His Dog
- 5 Woman Faces DUI Charge After Driving Car With Blown Tires In Greenwich