GREENWICH, Conn. -- Greenwich Police are now saying that a green backpack that caused a bomb scare at a Byram bank was forgotten by a SUNY-Purchase student who left it there, according to greenwichtime.com.
Police officials shut down the Bank of America on South Water Street and called in the bomb squad from Stamford to investigate after they discovered the suspicious package.
Niko Šveikauskas was questioned by police after admitting the bag was his, and he was visibly embarrassed about the misunderstanding, greenwichtime.com reported.
Police determined there was nothing suspicious in the bag, and it was unlikely that any charges will be filed against Šveikauskas, greenwichtime.com said.
- 1 Police Identify Teenagers Involved In Fatal Accident Near Port Chester HS
- 2 One Killed, One Injured In Car Crash Near Port Chester High School
- 3 Greenwich's Convent Of The Sacred Heart Celebrates Construction Milestone
- 4 Connecticut Sends Jumbo Snowblowers To Help Dig Out Buffalo
- 5 Up To One Inch Of Rain Could Fall Overnight In Greenwich