GREENWICH, Conn. -- Greenwich Police are now saying that a green backpack that caused a bomb scare at a Byram bank was forgotten by a SUNY-Purchase student who left it there, according to greenwichtime.com.
Police officials shut down the Bank of America on South Water Street and called in the bomb squad from Stamford to investigate after they discovered the suspicious package.
Niko Šveikauskas was questioned by police after admitting the bag was his, and he was visibly embarrassed about the misunderstanding, greenwichtime.com reported.
Police determined there was nothing suspicious in the bag, and it was unlikely that any charges will be filed against Šveikauskas, greenwichtime.com said.
- 1 Police: Armed Robber Strikes Greenwich Gas Station On Route 1
- 2 Box Truck Fire Closes East Putnam Avenue In Greenwich
- 3 Greenwich Police: Two Men Assaulted, Robbed In 'Ferocious' Street Attack
- 4 Police: Missing Stamford Man Found Dead On Shippan Beach
- 5 Pedestrian Struck, Killed By Train At Fairfield Station