PORT CHESTER, N.Y. – A Port Chester man was arrested in connection with the abduction and rape of a 19-year-old woman reported Friday in Greenwich, police said.
Police arrested Johanny Chavez at his Port Chester home Monday at 5:45 p.m. Greenwich police notified Port Chester police of the incident, in which the victim was abducted from Greenwich’s Riverside section and taken to Port Chester.
The suspect was charged with second-degree kidnapping, first-degree rape and second-degree strangulation.
Port Chester Police Chief Richard Conway said he expects both New York State and Connecticut police will file additional charges.
The investigation is ongoing.
- 1 Lisa Marie D'Angelo, 42, Of Old Greenwich, Worked As Nurse’s Aide
- 2 Western Connecticut Reopens Evacuated Buildings On Midtown Danbury Campus
- 3 Greenwich Customers Could Be Affected By Home Depot Credit Card Breach
- 4 Former Connecticut Gov. John Rowland Found Guilty Of Conspiracy
- 5 Stamford Cops: Greenwich Woman Charged After Leaving Child In Locked Car