PORT CHESTER, N.Y. – A Port Chester man was arrested in connection with the abduction and rape of a 19-year-old woman reported Friday in Greenwich, police said.
Police arrested Johanny Chavez at his Port Chester home Monday at 5:45 p.m. Greenwich police notified Port Chester police of the incident, in which the victim was abducted from Greenwich’s Riverside section and taken to Port Chester.
The suspect was charged with second-degree kidnapping, first-degree rape and second-degree strangulation.
Port Chester Police Chief Richard Conway said he expects both New York State and Connecticut police will file additional charges.
The investigation is ongoing.
- 1 Police Identify Teenagers Involved In Fatal Accident Near Port Chester HS
- 2 Cos Cob Woman Charged With Drug Possession In New York
- 3 Rain, Snow Threaten Greenwich On Busiest Travel Day Of The Year
- 4 Tens Of Thousands Turn Out To Enjoy UBS Parade In Downtown Stamford
- 5 Up To One Inch Of Rain Could Fall Overnight In Greenwich