GREENWICH, Conn. – A tree worker who suffered fatal injuries on Bush Avenue on Monday has been identified as Alvarro Lopez, 26, of Port Chester, according to Greenwich police spokesman Lt. Kraig Gray.
Lopez was an employee of his family's business, Lopez Landscaping, based in Cos Cob.
The police initially reported Lopez fell 30 feet to his death, but that information turned out to be incorrect, Gray said.
Lopez had been working to remove a large tree on the Greenwich property most of the day, Gray said. He had climbed the tree, using boot spikes, and was wearing a harness. Lopez cut a large section of the tree trunk, which unexpectedly fell backward and struck him, according to witnesses.
The ground crew, which included members of his family, pulled him unconscious from the tree and called 911, according to a police statement.
Emergency personnel found Lopez in cardiac arrest, Gray said. CPR was performed at scene, and Lopez was transported to the Greenwich Hospital Emergency Room, where he was pronounced dead, according to police.
- 1 Police: Woman Robs Darien Bank At Gunpoint
- 2 Head Of Yoga Empire With Fairfield County Locations Faces Rape Allegation
- 3 Norwalk Cop Prevents Metro-North Train From Hitting Car On Tracks
- 4 Family Asks For Help In Finding Missing College Student, 21, From Fairfield
- 5 Chance Of Snow Returns To Greenwich Overnight