GREENWICH, Conn. — A 19-year-old parolee from New Haven was arrested after allegedly stealing a bicycle in Greenwich then robbing a man at gunpoint on Fairfield Road, according to police.
Lamar Lawrence is accused of stealing the bicycle from behind the CVS at 120 Post Road last week, police said. They added that he had come to Greenwich to elude his parole officer.
Hours after the bicycle theft was reported, an unnamed male reported to police that a man on a bicycle approached him from behind, displayed a silver handgun and told him to lie on the sidewalk.
The victim told police the gunman ordered him to hand over his money and cell phone. The victim said his license and iPod Nano were also taken.
When a motorist drove by believing the incident to be a traffic accident, the suspect fled on the bicycle.
Detectives found a man matching the description of the robber at a house on Sinawoy Road. In the home police also found a loaded silver pistol, clothing matching that worn by the suspect and the stolen bicycle.
Lawrence gave a false name to officers, but was eventually positively identified.
Lawrence's parole officer was contacted and a Remand to Custody Order was issued with instructions for him not to be released.
- 1 July 4 Terror Warning Issued By FBI, Homeland Security
- 2 Second Escapee David Sweat Shot By New York State Police, Now In Hospital
- 3 July 4 Terror Threat 'Nothing Routine,' Says Former CIA Deputy Director
- 4 Heavy Rain Headed To Greenwich, Thunderstorms Possible
- 5 Greenwich Could See New Round Of Thunderstorms