GREENWICH, Conn. — A 19-year-old parolee from New Haven was arrested after allegedly stealing a bicycle in Greenwich then robbing a man at gunpoint on Fairfield Road, according to police.
Lamar Lawrence is accused of stealing the bicycle from behind the CVS at 120 Post Road last week, police said. They added that he had come to Greenwich to elude his parole officer.
Hours after the bicycle theft was reported, an unnamed male reported to police that a man on a bicycle approached him from behind, displayed a silver handgun and told him to lie on the sidewalk.
The victim told police the gunman ordered him to hand over his money and cell phone. The victim said his license and iPod Nano were also taken.
When a motorist drove by believing the incident to be a traffic accident, the suspect fled on the bicycle.
Detectives found a man matching the description of the robber at a house on Sinawoy Road. In the home police also found a loaded silver pistol, clothing matching that worn by the suspect and the stolen bicycle.
Lawrence gave a false name to officers, but was eventually positively identified.
Lawrence's parole officer was contacted and a Remand to Custody Order was issued with instructions for him not to be released.
- 1 Threat Of Tick-Borne Diseases Serious, Growing In Fairfield, Says Report
- 2 Bear Drops In At Backyard, Country Club In Greenwich
- 3 Record Numbers Turn Out As Greenwich Throws Its Biggest Party
- 4 Obama's Fundraising Trip, Principal Mishap Top Week's News In Greenwich
- 5 Memorial Day Thunderstorm Chance, Enhanced Fire Risk In Fairfield