GREENWICH, Conn. -- Tragedy was avoided as several people were overcome by carbon monoxide poisoning Thursday evening when they used alternate heating and power generation in their homes that were without power due to the storm, Greenwich Police said.
The individuals, who police didn't release information about, were not seriously injured, police said.
Both incidents can be directly related to a loss of power and the use of alternate heating and power generation at their homes, police said.
The GFD Fire Marshal Shawn McDonnell wanted to remind everyone about the dangers of CO that is odorless, colorless and potentially deadly.
Click here to sign up for Daily Voice's free daily emails and news alerts.