NORWALK, Conn. -- A Norwalk woman who said she was trying to "free the puppies" by smashing the window of a Westport Avenue pet store with a rock, applied Thursday for a court program to have the charges eventually dropped, according to The Hour.com.
Anouk Govil, 23, of Eastwood Road, faces one count of third-degree criminal mischief, a misdemeanor. She applied for the accelerated rehabilitation program at Norwalk Superior Court, The Hour said. The program is for first-time offenders of non-serious crimes. If she were accepted and completed the program, the arrest would be removed from her record.
She was arrested early on Jan. 15 when an officer on patrol saw a woman in the parking lot of a Westport Avenue strip mall at about 2:40 a.m. The woman ran when she saw the police car, and the officer followed her to investigate, police said.
Officers found Govil with a rock in her hand and a cut on her hand, according to police reports. The glass front door of Puppies of Westport, a pet shop in the strip mall, had been shattered, police said.
Govil told officers she had “wanted to set the puppies free,” police said.
- 1 Police Identify Teenagers Involved In Fatal Accident Near Port Chester HS
- 2 Cos Cob Woman Charged With Drug Possession In New York
- 3 Tens Of Thousands Turn Out To Enjoy UBS Parade In Downtown Stamford
- 4 Rain, Snow Threaten Greenwich On Busiest Travel Day Of The Year
- 5 Malloy: Avoid Travel Wednesday Due To Storm