DARIEN, Conn. - The man who was struck and killed by a train at the Noroton Heights station Monday morning has been identified as Kevin Murphy, 55, of Darien, according to Metro-North.
There is currently no information on how Murphy got on to the tracks, according to MTA spokesperson Aaron Donovan. The incident is being investigated by MTA police.
Murphy was hit just before 6:30 a.m. by a train that had departed New Haven at 5:38 a.m. The accident temporarily shut down all eastbound service at the Noroton Heights, Darien and Rowayton stations. Service was resumed late Monday morning.
- 1 Norwalk Cop Prevents Metro-North Train From Hitting Car On Tracks
- 2 Family Asks For Help In Finding Missing College Student, 21, From Fairfield
- 3 Hundreds Pay Respects To Slain Harrison Sisters During Calling Hours
- 4 Snow Likely At End Of Weekend In Greenwich
- 5 Former NBA, Knicks Star Anthony Mason Of New Rochelle Dies At 48