DARIEN, Conn. - The man who was struck and killed by a train at the Noroton Heights station Monday morning has been identified as Kevin Murphy, 55, of Darien, according to Metro-North.
There is currently no information on how Murphy got on to the tracks, according to MTA spokesperson Aaron Donovan. The incident is being investigated by MTA police.
Murphy was hit just before 6:30 a.m. by a train that had departed New Haven at 5:38 a.m. The accident temporarily shut down all eastbound service at the Noroton Heights, Darien and Rowayton stations. Service was resumed late Monday morning.
- 1 July 4 Terror Threat 'Nothing Routine,' Says Former CIA Deputy Director
- 2 Passengers Stranded For Hours Overnight On Metro-North's New Haven Line
- 3 New Facebook Scam Could Cost You
- 4 Former Stamford Resident Resigns From Toyota After Drug Bust In Japan
- 5 13 Metro-North Conductors, Engineers Indicted In Cheating Scandal